Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More Surprises

The first person I had to call right after I got engaged, that I thought may not know, was my Aunt E. My Aunt E has always been so supportive and encouraging to me, and has always been more like an older sister or best friend than my Aunt. She is also an inspiration and she means the world to me. So, I felt that it was important that she get the first call (also, she wasn't at the actual event, so I thought she would be surprised too).

Well she was so surprised and excited, and we both teared up and then she expressed how disappointed that she didn't know ahead of time, or she would have definitely been there. Well, then that made me kind of upset because I just couldn't believe no one told her. So, I went along the rest of the day making some calls, finishing up the tour and then we finally made it back to the house.

My parents had mentioned that they were going to come over a little bit before I was going to have people over for pizza and beer-oh, did I mention that the whole time at TDC I invited everyone over to the house for an after party-even before I got engaged!

Anyways, they came over, and I was actually asking my mom why she didn't tell Aunt E when all of a sudden, I look up and THERE THEY ARE!! I couldn't believe it- I'm tearing up again as I right this. It was such a meaningful, amazing surprise, it meant so much to me that they would come all that way to give me hugs and kisses. My Aunt, her husband Dave, and my Godson Joseph all in tow. What a great day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment