Friday, October 9, 2009

The BIG Surprise

Mike and I were the chairs of the American Diabetes Tour de Cure festival held on October 3, 2009. I have since found out that Mike was planning our engagement from this moment when we agreed to chair...

The week before TDC Mike and I had to go out of town for work. He went to Kansas City, and I went to New York and Connecticut. On my way back, it was the most hectic day ever which started with Andrea, Shannon and I missing our 7 am flight because we got lost- that is a story all in itself...

Needless to say, the rest of the day we were paranoid about how we were getting home- especially me since I had TDC. Well, I had no idea that both Shannon and Andrea were REALLY flipping out because they knew what my day was going to entail!

But, we all finally made it out of the Chicago airport (we did get to Chicago, but they kept cancelling all of the NWA flights) and I made it safely back home- exhausted, but home.

Mike's parents had also made it in the previous day, so it was really nice to catch up with them as well.

So, the next morning we all woke up at 4:30 and headed to TDC. Overall, the day was going as expected. I was really out of it, but having a great time. The weather was perfect and all my family and friends were there- which I thought were there to support the event- little did I know...

Even my friend Angelica surprised me from Kansas City and I STILL didn't figure it out. Did I mention I was really out of it?

Anyways, so before the fashion show, the director of ADA said she needed to see me and that she had a special thank you presentation for Mike and I. So, I waited with her until they had everything set up. So this really threw me off if anything.

We go back towards the stage and I see a crowd of people, and I'm still thinking, "what else is going on- this can't be for Mike and I"... Then she walks me toward the stage and I see Mike on one knee and a sign that says, "will you marry me" with both of our parents holding the ends of the sign. I say, "shut up, are you kidding me," and go up to him and give him a big kiss. He gets back down on one knee and says, "before our family and friends I want to tell you that you mean the world to me, I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me." and I answered, "of course." Then he put the ring on my finger and everyone came up to us and gave us hugs, and kisses and it was the most wonderful moment of my life.

Pre-engagement at Marcy Hill's Photobooth



















No comments:

Post a Comment