Thursday, October 8, 2009

In the beginning...

So one day I was asked if I would be interested in being featured in a Citiscape article, "Single in the City." I said, "sure, why not? At the same time, Mike Duley was asked, and low and behold we met at the photoshoot! Not many people they can say they have a photo of when they first met!





My first impressions of Mike when I met him was that he was cute, nice and FUNNY! He was supposed to be in the other group for the photo shoot and he got moved into my group. He kept kidding around that they wanted us to get closer and closer together. Every shot that we did, the photographer moved him closer to me. He thought this was quite the joke, and continued to make me laugh.

After a couple of weeks, I kept running into him because he was campaigning for Kiss a Pig, so he held many fundraisers for the event. One of the times, I was even on a blind date, and he still pursued me! Talk about persistance :-) After the magazine came out the first of February, he talked to my friend Emily Anderson who gave him my phone number. He text messaged me about two good looking people on the cover of Citiscapes and asked if I wanted to go to dinner that night. I was supposed to go to Kansas City for Angelica's birthday, but my friend Jennifer got sick, so we decided not to go. Molten Lava (Boom Kinetic) was playing at George's- which is my friend Kara and I's favorite band, so we made plans before I could get a hold of Mike to go see them play. When Mike finally got back to me, I told him that he should meet us that night.

He asked me what my favorite colors were and I said Pink and Purple- he wore a pink and purple shirt out that night, which I thought was so cute! We met up and had some fun dancing and drinking- but we ended up not getting to spend too much time together, and I felt really bad about it.

The next morning I decided to call him- which, if you know me, I would never even care about calling a guy, but for some reason, I really felt bad about not hanging out with him much, so I called. He didn't call me back until later that day, and the whole day I was bummed because I realized I kinda liked him, and thought I had ruined it.

He called and asked me to go to a fashion show fundraiser that night, so I went with him and his cousin- had the best time, and the rest is history :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment