Monday, November 30, 2009

Planning has begun!!

I have always dreamed of a wedding full of family, friends and the love of my life...
I have always dreamed of a an event filled with emotion, laughs and of course fun!
Back as far as I can remember I also dreamed of a wedding reception at my parent's home.


I just have had this image in my mind of a big tent full of people, a fun band with everyone dancing, and of course plenty of beverages and yummy food.

So, when Mike and I first were engaged, our first thought of where we would have a wedding reception was no doubt going to be at my parent's house. Well, my parents had a little reservation about a house full of people preparing for the event, weather nightmares, where to park, etc, etc...

So, the task of finding a different venue was at hand. Although I was a little disappointed at first, we soon found a few other venues that still fit our tastes. Basically bringing the idea of a tent-outdoor wedding to someplace else.

After weeks of thought and deliberation, we had (thought) decided on another venue.
So when we received the contract, my parents were still going back and forth on having the reception at their house.

We went out to dinner after church one night and we started discussing the option of having it at the house further. Well... it didn't take much though to decide that yes, we would love to have the reception at the house- PERFECT!

So, without further ado... the final date is Sunday, September 5, 2010 at Peace Lutheran Church, my hometown church, and reception following at the home of Mark and Tina Smith!

YAY! SO excited... now everything will start falling in place!



wishful thinking, I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment